Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. Participation in snowsports lessons and activities indicates that you accept these terms and conditions.
1. A snowsports Lesson is: instruction of a snowsports activity
2. Lift passes and equipment are obligatory and not included in the lesson price.
3. Participation in snowsports activities takes place in a hazardous environment and can involve risk of injury to yourself and others around you.
4. Snowsports lessons are dependent on the conditions of the environment and maybe cancelled or condensed without notice at the discretion of Pure Hokkaido employees
5. Pure Hokkaido and its employees are not responsible for any lost or stolen equipment, accident, injury or injury resulting in death that may occur before, during or after your snowsports lesson.
6. Snowsports activities take place far from medical facilities.
7. It is a condition of participation in a snowsports lesson that you and all other participants in your lessons have valid Travel Insurance which covers you for all the snowsports activities you intend to participate in, including injuries or death while undertaking snowsports activities on piste and in “off piste” areas. It is your responsibility that this insurance is in place at the time of booking.
8. Medical expenses for treatment required as a result of participation in snowsports activities, liability for the death or injury caused to a third party as a result of negligence or recklessness, are at the responsibility of the participant. You must attend a medical facility immediately should an employee so advise or deem it necessary.
9. Pure Hokkaido or its employees are not liable for any physical, mental or financial damage incurred by you as a result of your own negligence or the negligence of a third party.
10. All participants must follow instructor’s directions at all time. Bad behavior and dangerous conduct may result in termination of your participation in the snowsports activity.
11. No lesson will be rescheduled or extended due to late arrival of guests for any reason.
12. Any photographs or videos taken of you by during your participation in snow sport activities remains the property of Pure Hokkaido and may be used in promotional material.
13. All of Pure Hokkaido’s rates are subject to change without prior notice.
Payment for lessons should be made before the snowsports lesson via by bank transfer, the PayPal link or in cash (JP¥). Please note any transfer fees must be borne by payer at both ends of transaction.
Bank Name: Hokuyo (North Pacific) Bank, Kutchan Branch (015)
Bank Address: N1W1-18, Kutchan-cho Abuta-gun, Hokkaido Japan 044-0051
Bank Phone No: +81(0)136-22-0181
SWIFT Code: NORPJPJP Bank Code: 0501
Account Number: 3672544
Account Name: The Hokkaido Group G.K.
1. A 20% deposit within fifteen days of receiving payment link is required to confirm a lesson booking.
2. Payment balance must be received 30 days prior to lessons starting
3. If balance is not paid by the due date, Pure Hokkaido reserves the right to cancel any snowsports lessons.
4. Payment for your lesson constitutes acceptance of our terms and conditions
5. All bank charges for payments are payable by the customer.
Cancellation and Refunds
1. Any cancellations made more than 4 weeks prior to the start of the lesson – loss of deposit (20%)
2. Between 4 weeks and before 7 days prior to the lesson – 50% refund
3. All cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the commencement of the lesson will not receive any refund.
4. Bookings between 15th December 2018 – 6th January 2019 & 2nd February 2019 – 10th February 2019 will incur a full cancellation fee of 100% if cancelled inside of 30 days. Any bank fee or associated cost in providing cancellation refunds are at the full cost and responsibility of the guest.
5. Cancellations due to injuries will receive a full refund minus JP¥5,000 for administration fees.
Note: to receive a medical refund you must produce a valid medical certificate confirming you are unfit to participate in any snowsports activity from a local medical center within 24 hours prior to commencement of the lesson. If you cannot provide a doctor’s note or undertake further snowsports activity following the provision of a doctor’s note, with or without a qualified instructor from any company, no refund will be given.
6. All refunds incur a JP¥5,000 administration fee and all bank charges.
7. ‘No show’ – If you or your organised group do not show to participate at the agreed time or place without any effort to contact Pure Hokkaido, the booking will be cancelled and no refund will be issued. If you or your party are delayed via issues arising weather events you must inform Pure Hokkaido as soon as possible.
8. It is the responsibility of the person/s making the booking / payment to inform all other participants of all booking conditions and general information.
9. All Pure Hokkaido services are subject to availability.
10. Private lessons may be transferred to another person with at least 24 hours notice. Note: changing between a ski lesson and a snowboard lesson is not always possible.
11. For lessons at resorts other than Niseko United, the customer must pay for the instructors lift pass.
Cancellation by Pure Hokkaido:
No compensation will be offered for cancellation due to weather conditions or other operational facts (e.g. Chairlift failure, maintenance or other factors beyond Pure Hokkaido’s control).
The operation of all snowsports activities is determined by the conditions of the environment at the time such activities are scheduled to take place. If a snowsports activity is cancelled due to dangerous conditions of the environment, ie. High avalanche danger Pure Hokkaido will endeavor but not guarantee, alternative solutions.
If this is not possible, then a credit voucher shall be issued to the equivalent value of the time remaining in your scheduled snowsports lessons. These will be valid for 2 years from the date of issue. Credit vouchers are subject to availability, are transferable and must be surrendered upon redemption.
There will be no refunds in the event that:
You fail to follow the instructions of an employee, or; an employee deems your behavior during the snowsports activity dangerous, or; your further participation in the snow sport activity is terminated because of your choice.
Lesson Modification by the Customer:
Please inform us as soon as possible should you decide to modify your booking. A JP¥5,000 administration fee will apply to any modification of your booking. Any attempt to modify your booking with less than 24 hours’ notice will not be permitted and no refund will be offered.
Lesson transfer: Products and services may be transferred to another person when a valid ticket, voucher or booking number is presented.
Failure to Attend and Late Attendance:
In the event that you fail to attend for your scheduled snowsports lesson, your booking will be considered as having been cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice. If you arrive late the lesson may proceed upon your arrival at the discretion of the employee. The activity will finish at its originally scheduled time.
No compensation or refunds will be offered.
Thinking about coming to Niseko?
Fill out the form to find out what we can do to create your unforgettable experience.
Start organising your trip today!