Terms & Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. Participation in snowsports lessons and activities indicates that you accept these terms and conditions.
LAST UPDATED: TUE 07-NOV-2023
- A snowsports Lesson is the instruction of a snowsports activity.
- Lift passes and equipment are obligatory and not included in the lesson price.
- Participation in snowsports activities takes place in a hazardous environment and can involve risk of injury to yourself and others around you.
- Snowsports lessons are dependent on the conditions of the environment and may be canceled or condensed without notice at the discretion of Pure Hokkaido employees.
- Pure Hokkaido and its employees are not responsible for any lost or stolen equipment, accident, injury or injury resulting in death that may occur before, during or after your snowsports lesson.
- Snowsports activities take place far from medical facilities.
- It is a condition of participation in a snowsports lesson that you and all other participants in your lessons have valid Travel Insurance which covers you for all the snowsports activities you intend to participate in, including injuries or death while undertaking snowsports activities on piste and in “off-piste” areas. It is your responsibility that this insurance is in place at the time of booking.
- Medical expenses for treatment required as a result of participation in snowsports activities, liability for the death or injury caused to a third party as a result of negligence or recklessness, are at the responsibility of the participant. You must attend a medical facility immediately should an employee so advise or deem it necessary.
- Pure Hokkaido or its employees are not liable for any physical, mental or financial damage incurred by you as a result of your own negligence or the negligence of a third party. AA
- All participants must follow the instructor’s directions at all times. Bad behavior and dangerous conduct may result in termination of your participation in the snowsports activity.
- No lesson will be rescheduled or extended due to late arrival of guests for any reason.
- Any photographs or videos taken of you during your participation in snow sport activities remain the property of Pure Hokkaido and may be used in promotional material unless advised in writing in advance.
- All of Pure Hokkaido’s rates are subject to change without prior notice.
Bookings are not deemed confirmed until full payment has been received by Pure Hokkaido.
Payment for bookings can be made via the online link provided or via bank transfer.
NOTE: If you pay by bank transfer:
- All transfer fees will be borne by the payer at both ends of the transaction.
- You will need to send an email to email@example.com providing the following information on the date of payment:
- Account name of payee
- Date of Transaction
- Amount paid and originating currency
- Amount due in Japanese Yen
- Copy of payment
- Pure Hokkaido Bank Details AA
- Bank Name: Hokuyo (North Pacific) Bank, Kutchan Branch (015)
- Bank Address: N1W1-18, Kutchan-cho, Abuta-gun, Hokkaido Japan 044-0051
- Bank Phone No: +81(0)136-22-0181
- SWIFT Code: NORPJPJP
- Bank Code: 0501
- Account Number: 3672544
- Account Name: The Hokkaido Group G.K.
- Full payment within ten days of receiving the itinerary email/ payment link is required to confirm a lesson booking.
- If the balance is not paid by the due date, Pure Hokkaido reserves the right to cancel any snowsports lessons.
- Payment for your lesson constitutes acceptance of our terms and conditions.
- All bank charges for payments are payable by the customer.
Cancellation and Refunds:
- All cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the commencement of the first lesson of the booking will not receive any refund.
- Cancellations made between 14 days and 30 days prior to the lesson are eligible for a 50% refund, minus 7.5% administration fee (7.5% of total booking fee).
- Any cancellations made more than 30 days prior to the lesson will receive a full refund minus 7.5% administration fee (7.5% of total booking fee), with exception to bookings deemed Peak season bookings, see point 4 below.
- Peak season bookings: bookings between 17th December 2023 – 7th January 2024 & 18th January – 2nd February 2023 will not receive any refund if canceled inside of 30 days of the lesson date. Any bank fee or associated cost in providing cancellation refunds are at the full cost and responsibility of the guest.
- Cancellations due to injuries will receive a full refund minus 7.5% administration fee (7.5% of total booking fee). Note: to receive a refund you must produce a valid medical certificate confirming you are unfit to participate in any snowsports activity from a local medical center within 24 hours prior to commencement of the lesson. If you cannot provide a doctor’s note, no refund will be given or if you undertake any snowsports activity following the writing of a medical certificate (even with a different snowsports company) your refund will be void.
- All refunds incur a 7.5% administration fee (7.5% of total booking fee) and all bank charges.
- ‘No show’, if you or your organised group do not show to participate at the agreed time or place without any effort to contact Pure Hokkaido, the booking will be cancelled and no refund will be issued. If you or your party are delayed via issues arising through weather events you must inform Pure Hokkaido as soon as possible.
- It is the responsibility of the person/s making the booking/payment to inform all other participants of all booking conditions and general information.
- All Pure Hokkaido services are subject to availability.
- Private lessons may be transferred to another person with at least 24 hours’ notice. Note: changing between a ski lesson and a snowboard lesson is not always possible.
Cancellation by Pure Hokkaido:
No compensation will be offered for cancellation due to weather conditions or other operational facts (e.g. Chairlift failure, maintenance or other factors beyond Pure Hokkaido’s control).
The operation of all snowsports activities is determined by the conditions of the environment, at the time such activities are scheduled to take place. If a snowsports activity is canceled due to dangerous conditions of the environment, i.e. High avalanche danger, Pure Hokkaido will endeavor to find, but not guarantee alternative solutions.
If this is not possible, then a credit voucher shall be issued to the equivalent value of the time remaining in your scheduled snowsports lessons. These will be valid for 2 years from the date of issue. Credit vouchers are subject to availability, are transferable and must be surrendered upon redemption.
There will be no refunds in the event that:
- You fail to follow the instructions of an employee.
- The employee deems your behavior during the snowsports activity dangerous.
- Your further participation in the snowsports activity is terminated because of your choice.
Lesson Modification by the Customer:
Please inform us as soon as possible should you decide to modify your booking.
A JP¥5,000 administration fee will apply to any modification made within 2 weeks of your lessons beginning.
Any attempt to modify your booking with less than 24 hours’ notice will not be permitted and no refund will be offered.
Products and services may be transferred to another person when a valid ticket, voucher or booking number is presented. Note: Transfer of discipline i.e. Ski to Snowboard and vice versa might not be possible.
Failure to Attend and Late Attendance:
In the event that you fail to attend your snowsports lesson, your booking will be considered as having been canceled with less than 24 hours notice.
If you arrive more than 20 minutes late, the lesson may proceed upon your arrival at the discretion of the employee. The activity will finish at its original scheduled time.
No compensation or refunds will be offered.
PUREHOKKAIDO Terms & Conditions LAST UPDATED: TUE 07-NOV-2023